Creative Pen & Quill

4 comments

I brought my pen and ink back out, for the first time in a couple years. I put my calligraphy skills to work on this Quaker wedding certificate. It included the really sweet vows of the bride and groom, and spaces for 120 witnesses to sign.

Overall, I was really happy with the final product. While there are usually moments of cursing in projects this detailed, all in all, it was great to get creative and it feels really good to put something in the "done" pile. I have discovered that in life as a stay-at-home-mom, there are few things that are ever completely done. Most things are just done...for a time or moment...dishes, meals, laundry, etc.

So here's to you done pile...
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

4 Response to Creative Pen & Quill

June 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

The name alone makes me want to read it. -joe

Anonymous
June 3, 2010 at 8:06 PM

So glad I was able to see this. This is the one you mentioned at the softball game right? Great work!

June 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM

lovely!! :) And I look forward to your blog!

December 23, 2010 at 11:57 AM

i'm going to hire you to put the words on a ketubah for us... whenever it is that i decide to get that project going. maybe anniversary #3? we'll talk

Post a Comment